9. After towing, reverse the procedure in Step 2.
Tighten the hex nuts to a torque of 9.5 to 14 Nm
(7 to 10 lb ft).
10. Remove the tooling used to release the parking
brake in Step 3.
Should any problem or questions arise, consult your
local Caterpillar dealer for assistance.
Be sure all necessary repairs and adjustments
have been made before a machine that has been
towed to a service area is put back into operation.
Manual Release of Parking Brake
Personal injury or death can result from a brake
malfunction. Do not operate the machine if the
brake was applied due to a malfunction of the
Correct any problem before attempting to operate
The parking brake is located on the drum propel motor.
To manually release the parking brake, perform the
1. Block the drum and rear tires securely to prevent
machine movement before the parking brake is
2. Install the steering frame lock pin to hold the front
and rear frames rigid.
3. Manually release parking brake (page E-6).