1. Block the trailer or rail car wheels before loading
Steering Frame Lock Pin Shown In Locked Position.
2. After the machine is in position, install the steering
frame lock pin to hold the front and rear frames
rigid. Remove pin (1), lower steering frame lock pin
(2) then reinsert pin (1).
3. Lower the leveling blade (if equipped).
4. Apply the parking brake.
5. Turn the engine start switch to OFF.
6. Inflate tires to 138 kPa (20 psi) for shipping.
7. Block and tie-down machine. Refer to Machine
Lifting/Tie-down Information in this section for
8. Turn the disconnect switch off.
9. Lock access covers and attach any vandalism
protection (if equipped).
10. Cover the exhaust opening. Turbocharger (if
equipped) damage can result if the turbocharger
rotates without the engine operating.
Contact your Caterpillar dealer for additional shipping
instructions for your machine.
NOTE: Before roading a machine, consult your tire
dealer for recommended tire pressures and
Inflate the tires to the correct pressure. Refer to Tire
Inflation Information in the Maintenance Section.
"TON km/h" (TON MPH) limitations must be observed.
Consult your tire dealer for the speed limit of the tires
Perform a Walk-Around Inspection and measure the
fluid levels in the various compartments. Refer to Every
10 Service Hours or Daily in the Maintenance Section
for more detailed information.
Check with the proper officials to obtain required
Install any required flags, signals or lights.
Travel at a moderate speed. Observe all speed
limitations when roading the machine.
When traveling long distances, stop every 40 km (25
miles) or 1 hour for 30 minutes to allow the tires and
components to cool.