1. Block the drum and rear tires securely to prevent
machine movement. Do not remove blocks until the
tow vehicle has been positioned and tow lines are
2. To prevent propel system damage, use a wrench to
relieve the spring force on the propel system
combination valve pressure limiters.
3. Turn valve (1) two to three turns.
The CS-433C will have two valves (1) (one valve for
4. Manually release the parking brake.
Release the parking brake to prevent excessive
wear and damage to the brake system when
The procedure for manual release of the parking
brake is outlined in the next topic, Manual Release
of the Parking Brake.
5. Attach the tow line to the machine to be towed.
6. Attach the tow line to the vehicle and/or vehicles
used to tow the disabled machine.
7. Remove drum and tire blocks.
8. Slowly tow the disabled machine.