reassembled on the guide rod in the same groove as when removed. The pump guide rod has three
grooves at the lower end to determine the pump stroke length. Reassemble the piston with the slot in the
center of the uppermost groove when a full stroke is required. The center groove is used for a three-quarter
stroke and the bottom groove for a half stroke.
(42) Install the gasket (7) on the throttle body (1).
(43) Assemble the throttle body (1) on the fuel bowl (12).
Install the mounting screws (32, fig. 97) and
(44) Rotate the carburetor in your hand, listening carefully for the sound of the float dropping from open to closed
position, to make sure that it has not been jammed or stuck during reassembly.
(45) Install the filter head gasket (6) and filter head (7) in the throttle body (3).
(46) Install the fuel filter elbow (8) in the fuel filter head (7).
(47) Install the carburetor flange gasket (1) on the throttle body (3).
(1) Place the governor assembly on a bench or other clean working surface, and remove the items (11) through
(24) as an assembly from the body (5).
(2) Support the lever (2) so that it will not bend and drive out the grooved pin (8) with a small drift.
(3) Remove the lever (2) from the body (5).
(4) Remove the body plug (27), body bushing (26), bearing (4), and oil seal (3).
(5) Remove the pipe plug (28), bumper screw (29), and nut (30) from the governor body (5).
(6) Remove the bumper spring (6) and fork (7).
(7) Remove the governor shaft clip (11), flatwashers (12), and ball stop washer (13) from the shaft (18).
(8) Remove the base fork (14) from the upper rac e (16) and lift off the thrust bearing (15).
(9) Slide the upper race (16) from the shaft (18) and lay the balls (17) aside.
(10) Use an arbor press to remove the governor drive gear (24) from the governor shaft (18).
(11) Remove the governor base (22).