the main jet adjustment assembly (6) and gasket (5) from the side of the fuel bowl.
(29) Remove the bowl drain plug (11) from the outside bottom of the fuel bowl.
(30) Remove the passage plug (7), gasket (8), power jet (9), and power jet gasket (10) from the threaded angle
passage in the outside of the fuel bowl.
(31) Use a main jet wrench (41-W-1560) to remove the main jet (4) and main jet gasket (3) from the threaded
passage in the bottom side of the fuel bowl.
(32) Use a special wrench (41-W-1866) to remove the discharge jet (14, fig. 98) and gasket (13) from the center
of the large opening in the fuel bowl's machined surface.
(33) Remove the well vent jet (10) from the machined surface of the fuel bowl (12).
(34) Use an extractor (41-E-555-20) to remove the power jet valve (9) from the bottom of the pump cylinder.
(35) Use long-nosed pliers and pull out the retainer cotter pin (18) from the spring retainer (17).
(36) Loosen the clamp screw (14) and remove the lever spring (19) and choke lever from the choke shaft (22).
(37) Loosen the bracket clamp screw (12) and remove the choke bracket (21) and choke shaft driver (13) from
the choke shaft (22).
(38) Remove the choke plate screws (25) and lift out the choke plate (24).
(39) Use a small drift and drive out the thrust collar pin (1).
(40) Remove the thrust collar (2).
(41) Pull out and remove the choke shaft (22).
(42) Use a small drift and drive out the choke shaft pin (23).
c. Inspection and Repair.
(1) Wash all metal parts in cleaning solvent and dry them with clean compressed air.
(2) Blow out all passages in the air intake assembly, fuel bowl assembly, and throttle body.
(3) Inspect the float. Replace the float if it is filled with fuel, damaged, bent, or if the float axle bearing is worn.
Check the top side of the float lever for wear where it contacts the fuel valve needle.
(4) Inspect and replace the float axle if it is worn, bent, damaged, or corroded.
(5) Replace the fuel valve seat and valve assembly.
(6) Inspect the point of the idle adjustment needle and replace if worn or damaged.