closed. Do not attempt to rivet the threaded ends of the plate screws (28).
(26) Install the throttle shaft pin (26).
(27) Install the throttle shaft driver (14) and throttle clamp lever (15) on the floating lever stop (21).
(28) Install the throttle stop lever (12) and secure it with the pin (25) and stop screw (24).
(29) Install the floating lever stop (21) and tighten the stop clamp screw (13).
(30) Install the spring (16) and enter the projected end of the spring in a hole in the driver (14).
(31) Install the spring retainer (17) on the shaft (11) and enter the outer end of the spring (16) in the drilled hole.
(32) Turn the spring retainer (17) clockwise one full turn and insert the cotter pin (18). Spread the ends of the
(33) Install the needle valve stem (5) and needle spring (4) in the threaded passage on the rear of the throttle
(34) Install the floating lever and swivel (23) on the floating lever stop (21).
(35) Install the throttle shaft plug (2).
(36) Insert the venturi tube (8, fig. 98) in the throttle body bore with the large opening first. Rotate the tube (8)
until the screw hole is alined with the hole in the throttle body (1). Install and tighten the venturi screw (10,
(37) Install the idle jet (15, fig. 98) in the counterbored passage on the machined surface next to venturi.
(38) Use a special wrench (41-W-1496) to install the fuel valve and seat (4) and gasket (3).
(39) Install the float (6) and float axle (2).
(40) Check the position of the float (6) assembly for correct measurement to obtain proper fuel level in the fuel
bowl. The float must move freely on its axle. When the throttle body is in an inverted position, viewed from
the free end of the float, both float sections must be centered and at right angles to the machined surface.
The float setting is measured from the machined surface (not the gasket) of the throttle cover to the top side
of the float body at its highest point. This measurement should be 11%2 inches. Use long-nosed pliers to
bend the float lever so that the distance between the float body and the machined surface is increased or
(41) Install the pump (5.) in the vacuum cylinder of the throttle body. Press the retainer in place and check the
pump for free movement in the cylinder. If the pump piston has been disassembled, make sure that it is