(12) Turn the spring retainer (17) one-half turn in clockwise direction. Install the cotter pin (18) in the spring
retainer (17) and shaft (22). Spread the cotter pin ends. Operate the choke shaft (22) and make sure that
the choke plate (24) will open and close.
(13) Install the well vent jet (10, fig. 98) in the fuel bowl (12) and tighten it lightly with a screwdriver.
(14) Install the power jet (9, fig. 99) and gasket (10) in the threaded angular passage in the bottom of the fuel
(15) Install the discharge jet (14, fig. 98) and gasket (13) in the fuel bowl (12) and tighten it with the jet wrench
(16) Use a main jet wrench (41-W-1560) to install the main jet (4, fig. 99) and main jet gasket (3) in the large
threaded passage of the fuel bowl.
(17) Install the plug (7) and gasket (8) in the threaded passage over the power jet (9).
(18) Install the main jet adjustment assembly (6) and gasket (5) in the threaded passage over the main jet (4).
(19) Install the drain plug (11) in the threaded passage on the bottom of the fuel bowl.
(20) Position the power jet valve (9, fig. 98) on the formed end of a special wrench (41-W-1868) and install the
valve in the bottom of the pump cylinder.
(21) Place the throttle body (3, fig. 97) on a bench with the mounting flange up and facing the idling port plug on
the inside of the throttle body bore.
(22) Insert the throttle shaft (11) in the throttle body (3) so that the levers may be assembled in the same position
(23) Assemble the packing (30) and packing retainer (29) on the throttle shaft (11).
(24) Rotate the throttle shaft (11) until the shaft screw holes are up when the slot in the shaft is in a vertical
position. The screw holes in the throttle plate (27) are off center. Start the side of the throttle plate (27)
which has the shortest distance between the screw holes and the beveled edge into the shaft first.
Remember that the plate has two opposite edges beveled to fit the body bore when the plate is closed and
will not close if installed upside down.
(25) Start the screws (28) in the shaft and close the plate (27). Tap the plate (27) on the mounting flange side
and maintain pressure with fingers until the screws (28) are tightened securely. When properly installed, the
side of the plate farthest from the mounting flange will be alined with the idle port when the plate is