DETROIT DIESEL 53
LIMITING SPEED GOVERNOR 2.7.1
13. Use a new gasket when installing the governor cover and lever assembly. Be sure the speed control shaft
pin engages the slot in the differential lever and the stop lever is in the correct position. Secure the cover with
four screws and lock washers.
14. Install the return spring and spring clip (single lever cover only).
15. Add lubricant to the speed control shaft through the grease fitting on top of the shaft.
16. Connect the linkage to the governor control levers.
17. Install the fuel pump and fuel lines.
18. Perform an engine tune-up as outlined in Section 14.
April, 1971 SEC. 2.7.1