Limiting Speed Governor 2.7.1
DETROIT DIESEL 53
15. Add lubricant to the speed control shaft through
13. Use a new gasket when installing the governor
the grease fitting on top of the shaft.
cover and lever assembly. Be sure the speed control
shaft pin engages the slot in the differential lever and
16. Connect the linkage to the governor control levers.
the stop lever is in the correct position. Secure the
cover with four screws and lock washers.
17. Install the fuel pump and fuel lines.
18. Perform an engine tune-up as outlined in
14. Install the return spring and spring clip (single
lever cover only).
April, 1971 SEC. 2.7.1 Page 7