INJECTOR CONTROL TUBE
Figure 1. Injector Control Tube Assembly (Non-Spring Loaded-In-line Engine)
disassembly and assembly procedure for these items is not included in the following:
1. Remove the bracket from the injector control tube.
2. Loosen the adjusting screws or adjusting screw and lock nut at each injector rack-control lever.
3. With the spring-loaded injector control tube, disconnect the yield springs at each rack lever, then roll the
yield springs out of the slots and notch of the control tube.
4. Disconnect the return spring from the bracket and front or rear rack lever.
5. Then remove the yield springs and/or return spring and rack levers from the control tube.
Wash all of the injector control tube parts in clean fuel oil and dry them with compressed air.
Figure 2. Injector Control Tube and Rack Lever (Spring-Loaded)