CAMSHAFT AND BEARINGS
Figure 9. Removing and Replacing Camshaft or Balance Shaft Bearings
2. Install the gears and thrust washers on their respective shafts as outlined in Camshaft and Gears.
3. Lubricate the bearings and shafts with engine oil and slide the shaft assemblies into the cylinder block,
being careful not to damage the bearings or the cams and journals. Make sure that the appropriate timing
marks on the gears are aligned. Refer to Gear Train and Engine Timing. 4. Slide an oil slinger on the front
end of both shafts.
5. Install the upper engine front cover, if used (Front Cover).
6. Secure the thrust washers in place as shown in Fig. 2 and tighten the bolts to 30-35 lb ft (41-47 Nm)
7. Install the front balance weights (Gear Train and Timing).