(9) Drive the locking pin (18) through the piston (7) and piston rod (1).
(10) Install the cylinder (15) on the piston rod (1) and make sure that the scratch marks are properly alined and
that the mounting edge of the cylinder is pressing against the gasket (4) and gland seat head (3).
(11) Push the piston rod (1) into the cylinder (15) until the piston (7) reaches the open end of the cylinder.
(12) Install the packing cup (6) on the piston (7) with the packing cup lip facing the open end of the cylinder (15).
(13) Install the packing cup retainer (5) and retainer bolts (17). Tighten the bolts securely and thread the lock
wire (16) through the holes in the holt heads. Twist the wire to secure it on the piston.
(14) Pull the piston (7) until it is about half way out of the cylinder (15) and install the cylinder gasket (4) and
swivel head (11). Make sure that the scratch marks on the swivel head (11) and cylinder (15) are properly
(15) Install the draw studs (10), lockwashers (9), and locknuts (8). Tighten the locknuts (8) securely.
(16) Pull the packing gland (2) away from the cylinder (15) and install the piston rod packing (19). Install the
sections of packing one at a time, making sure that the hollow part of the V is facing the gland seat head (3).
(17) Push the packing gland (2) against the gland seat head (3) and install the lockwashers (20) and screws
(21). Tighten the screws until they are snug, but do not overtighten.
(18) If the bearings (14 and 24) have been removed, press them in place with an arbor press.
212. Hydraulic Operating Valve
(1) Unscrew and remove the pipe plug (29). Hold the hydraulic operating valve over a waste container and
drain all oil from the valve chambers.
(2) Unscrew and remove the adapter unions (4) from the operating valve body (13).
(3) Use a pipe wrench to remove the pipe nipple (12) from the exhaust body (10).
(4) Unscrew the nuts (1). Remove the four tie rods (11).