(4) Check the bearings for wear, corrosion, and free rotation. Replace all defective bearings.
(5) Inspect the pressure plate for breaks, cracks, and chipped edges. Replace the pressure plate if it is
damaged or defective.
(6) Replace the plate spring if it is twisted, collapsed, or corroded.
(7) Inspect the machined surfaces on the cover and pump body for corrosion, pitting, etching, and broken outer
and inner edges. Replace the cover and pump body if it is badly etched or cracked.
(8) Inspect the bracket for warpage, breaks, cracks, and corrosion. If the bracket is defective or cracked,
(9) Check all mounting and assembly screws for damaged, corroded, twisted, or stripped threads. Replace all
defective mounting and assembly screws.
(10) Check the retaining ring for twisting, tension, and breaks. If the retaining ring is defective, replace it.
(1) Press the inner bearing (12) and spacer (13) in the pump body (9).
(2) Press the oil seal (14) into the oil pump body (9), making sure that the pressing tool is resting against the
outside diameter of the oil seal. The oil seal (14) must be installed in the pump body (9) with the sealing lip
facing the outer bearing (18).
(3) Press the outer bearing (18) on the shaft (15), making sure that the bearing driver tool is resting against the
inner race of the bearing.
(4) Install the assembled shaft (15) in the bracket (11). Install the retaining ring (17).
(5) Install the pump body (9) and gasket (10) and tighten the bolts (8).
(6) Push the rotor (7) on the splined end of the shaft (15).
(7) Install the vanes (20) and see that the radius edge of each vane is facing the ring (6).
(8) Install the seal ring (5) on the pump body (9) and position the ring (6) so that the holes in the ring are
properly alined with the pins (19) in the pump body.
(9) Attach the ring (6) to the pump body (9) and install the seal ring (5) and pressure plate (4).
(10) Install the plate spring (3) and press the cover (2) against the pump body (9).
(11) Install the cover screws (1). Rotate the pump shaft (15) by hand and gradually tighten the cover screws (1)