(2) Remove the pump pulley (5).
(3) Remove the mounting bracket screws (6) and remove the mounting bracket (7).
(4) Remove the bearing retaining ring, bearing, steel packing gland, and cork packing.
(1) Install the cork packing and packing gland.
(2) Install the shaft bearing. Make sure that the outside diameter of the gland bears on the outer ball bearing
race and the inside diameter against the cork packing.
(3) Install the mounting bracket (7).
(4) Install and tighten the mounting bracket screws (6).
(5) Install the pump pulley (5).
Hydraulic Steering Cylinder
a. General. The hydraulic steering cylinder (3, fig. 66) is mounted under the steering roll top cover and can be
reached for inspection and removal through the top cover holes. Hydraulic oil is forced under pressure from the hydraulic
oil pump to the hydraulic cylinder (3)
Cylinder swivel head
Piston rod pin
Figure 66. Hydraulic steering cylinder mounting.