E-7. MANUAL BRAKE RELEASE
Roller may freewheel when brakes are released.
Ensure path of travel is free of personnel and equipment.
Ensure that Roller is secured (chocked or tied down) to prevent undesired movement.
Failure to follow instructions can result in injury or death to personnel.
The brakes are locked in the absence of positive hydraulic oil pressure (for example, when
the propel control lever is in the neutral position or the engine is not running). The
manual brake release hand pump provides the hydraulic oil pressure needed to release
(1) Chock drum and wheels or tie down Roller to prevent undesired movement.
(2) Open right side door assembly (1).
(3) Remove nut (2), washer (3), screw (4), and washer (3) from frame (5).
(4) Remove five screws (6), washers (7), and panel (8) from frame (4).
(5) Remove handle (9) from stowage box (10).