E-5. TRANSPORTATION REQUIREMENTS
Specialized Service and Equipment. No specialized railcars, truck trailers, handling equipment, shock
mitigation systems or spreader bars are required for transportation of the Roller. Use of slings less than 16 feet
in length may result in contact with the Roller and possible damage to the Roller or slings.
Shock and Vibration. There are no shock or vibration considerations for listed forms of transportation.
Special Requirements for Shipment.
(1) There are no pressure limits for listed forms of transportation.
(2) No power sources are required for listed forms of transportation.
(3) There are no humidity control requirements for listed forms of transportation.
(4) There are no other special requirements for shipment by any of the listed methods of transportation.
Speed Requirements. The maximum speed of the machine in a self-propelled mode is 8.0 mph. The
machine should not be towed at speeds in excess of 1.2 mph.
Hazardous Material. The Type I and Type III Vibratory Rollers, as provided, are not classified as
(1) Sectionalization is required for the Type I and Type III Vibratory Rollers when transported in C-130
and C-141 aircraft.
(2) For shipment in these aircraft, the ROPS and exhaust stack must be removed.
(3) Tools and equipment required to remove the ROPS are:
(a) Lifting Device 1,000 lb (454 kg) capacity
(b) Sockets 30 mm
(c) Wrenches 30 mm
(d) Breaker Bar
(e) Torque Wrench
(4) Tools required to remove the exhaust stack are:
(a) Socket 16 mm
(b) Wrench 16 mm
(5) Time to remove/install ROPS, handrail, and exhaust stack depends upon number of personnel
available and their level of experience. A minimum of two man-hours (one hour clock time) for two
experienced personnel plus operator, for lifting device, is estimated.