Purpose. This appendix was added for information only and is not authorization for the operator to
perform tasks or maintain additional tools on the Roller.
This appendix is for transportation officers and other personnel responsible for safe transportation of the Roller.
Data is provided for planning and executing movement of the Roller worldwide. Physical characteristics of the
Roller, safety precautions, technical data on transport modes, and lifting and tiedown procedures are also
included in this appendix.
The major dimensions and weights given in this manual are US customary and equivalent SI (metric) units.
Approximate values appear in parentheses following the customary-unit value.
Related Publications. Additional information on transport procedures can be found in:
FM 55-65, Strategic Deployment by Surface Transportation.
TB 9-2300-281-35, Standards for Overseas Shipment or Domestic Issue of Special Purpose Equipment.
TM 38-250/AFR 71-4, Preparation of Hazardous Materials for Military Air Shipment.
Military Traffic Management Command (MTMC) http://www.tea.army.mil
Logistical Support Activity (LOGSA) http://www.logsa.army.mil
General. Although the Roller has no special hazardous or dangerous characteristics during exposure to
normal transportation environments, several general safety considerations and precautions are important.
(1) Check the entire Roller to ensure loose items are properly secured.
(2) Have fire extinguishers readily available when operating the Roller.
(3) Make sure only qualified personnel operate the Roller.
(4) Never permit riders. This is a one-person machine.
(5) Do not leave the Roller unattended while the engine is running.
(6) Do not allow the Roller to exceed 3 miles per hour during loading and unloading operations.
(7) Do not drive the Roller on public highways without the appropriate safety equipment.
(8) Adhere to all local, state, federal, and host-nation safety laws and regulations applying to commercial
Hazardous Material Considerations. The basic Roller does not contain hazardous material. Regulations or
transportation procedures covering diesel-fuel-powered vehicles will apply.