NO FUEL OR INSUFFICIENT FUEL
1. The fuel tank should be filled above the level of the fuel suction tube.
2. Perform a Fuel Flow Test and, if air is present, tighten loose connections and replace cracked lines.
3. Perform a Fuel Flow Test and, if air is present, replace the fuel strainer gasket when changing the strainer
4. Perform a Fuel Flow Test and, if air is present with all fuel lines and connections assembled correctly, check
for and replace faulty injectors.
5. Perform a Fuel Flow Test and re- place the fuel strainer and filter elements and the fuel lines, if necessary.
6. Refer to Fuel and Oil Specifications for the recommended grade of fuel.
7. Perform a Fuel Flow Test and, if inadequate, clean and inspect the valve seat assembly.
8. Replace the gear and shaft assembly or the pump body.
9. Check the condition of the fuel pump drive and blower drive and replace defective parts.
10. Replace with larger tank-to-engine fuel lines.
11. Install a restricted fitting in the return line.
12. Make sure that the check valve is installed in the line correctly; the arrow should be on top of the valve as-
sembly or pointing upward. Reposition the valve if necessary. If the valve is inoperative, replace it with a new
13. Check the engine fuel spill-back temperature. The return fuel temperature must be less than 150 (66 )
or a loss in horsepower will occur. This condition may be corrected by installing larger fuel lines or relocating
the fuel tank to a cooler position.