1. Check the compression pressure and, if only one cylinder has low compression, remove the cylinder head
and replace the head gaskets.
2. Inspect the piston and liner and replace damaged parts.
3. Install new piston rings.
4. Clean and repair or replace the breather assembly.
5. Replace the blower-to-block gasket.
6. Replace the end plate gasket.
7. Check the exhaust-back pressure and repair or replace the muffler if an obstruction is found.
8. Check the exhaust-back pressure and install larger piping if it is determined that the piping is too small, too
long, or has too many bends.