4. Place the pulley on the bed of an arbor press. Place a suitable rod between the ram of the press and
the impeller end of the shaft, then press the shaft into the pulley until the pulley is in its original position on the
5. Install the cover and a new gasket on the pump body. Tighten the cover bolts to 6-7 lb ft torque.
6. Run the pump dry at 1200 rpm for a minimum of 30 seconds, or as required, to assure satisfactory
seating of the seal.
Install Water Pump
1. Affix a new gasket to the flange of the water pump body.
2. Secure the water pump to the oil cooler housing with the five bolts and lockwashers.
3. Install the hose between the water pump and water bypass tube and tighten the hose clamps.
4. Install and tighten the belts.
An idler pulley is used on some engines to adjust the water pump drive belt tension.
5. Close all of the draincocks and refill the cooling system.
6. Start the engine and check for leaks.