WATER PUMP IDLER PULLEY ASSEMBLY
Assemble Idler Pulley Assembly
1. Apply a minimum of 2500 lbs pressure only on the outer race of the bearing as shown in Fig. 3 and
press the bearing and shaft assembly into the idler pulley until the outer race of the bearing is flush with the
inside surface of the pulley.
2. With a short rod, apply pressure on the shaft only (Fig. 4) and press the shaft and bearing assembly
with the pulley into the idler pulley bracket. The distance between the outer edge of the pulley and the bracket
must be 0.160 inch.
Figure 3. Installing Shaft and Bearing Assembly in Idler Pulley
Install Idler Pulley Assembly
1. Attach the idler pulley assembly to the front cover with two bolts and lockwashers.
2. Install the water pump drive belts.
3. Adjust the idler pulley assembly so that the drive belts have the proper tension and tighten the bolts.
Figure 4. Installing Shaft and Bearing Assembly and Pulley in Bracket