5. After the specified time, stop the engine and immediately drain the crankcase and the filter. Sufficient
time must be allowed to drain all of the fluid.
6. Refill the crankcase with SAE 10 oil after the drain plugs are replaced. Run the engine at the same
fast idle for ten or fifteen minutes and again drain the oil thoroughly.
7. Remove and discard the oil filter element, clean the filter shell and install a new element.
8. Replace the drains and fill the crankcase to the proper level with the oil recommended for normal
9. To test the effectiveness of the cleaning procedure, it is recommended that the engine be started and
run at a fast idle (1,000 to 1,200 rpm) for approximately 30 minutes. Then stop and immediately restart the
engine. There is a possibility that the engine is not entirely free of contaminant deposits if the starting speed is
10. If the procedures for cleaning the lubricating oil system were not successful, it will be necessary to
disassemble the engine and to clean the affected parts thoroughly.
Make certain that the cause of the internal coolant
leak has been corrected before returning the engine