STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS - Continued
(13) Turn fuel/preservative valve to PRESERVATIVE position.
(14) Visually inspect fluid flowing from return line. When fluid is undiluted preservative oil, turn engine
off (TM 5-3895-379-10).
(15) Turn fuel/preservative valve to OFF position.
(16) Disconnect fuel/preservative hose from fuel/water separator.
(17) Connect fuel supply line to fuel/water separator (Volume 1, WP 0129).
(18) Connect fuel return line to fuel filter (Volume 1, WP 0127).
(19) Discard fuel/preservative mixture collected from fuel return line IAW local regulations.
(20) Drain oil from crankcase (Volume 1, WP 0100).
(21) Fill crankcase with Lube Oil, MIL-L-46002/0.
(22) Attach tag to engine oil fill tube stating "THIS CRANKCASE IS FILLED TO CAPACITY WITH
PRESERVATIVE OIL. DRAIN AND REFILL CRANKCASE WITH ENGINE OIL BEFORE
OPERATION OF ENGINE."
Apply protective sealant or equivalent to all exposed electrical wires, cables, and connectors.
Coat steering cylinder chrome rod with Lube Oil, MIL-L-46002/0 and then cover with barrier material.
Prepare air intake assembly:
Disassemble air cleaner assembly (Volume 1, WP 0118).
Fog inside of air cleaner canister with Lube Oil, MIL-L-46002/0.
Preservation oil will damage non-metallic air filter parts. Care should be used when
applying preservative oil to air filter non-metallic parts.
Dip removed air cleaner components in Lube Oil, MIL-L-46002/0.
Install air cleaner elements and components (Volume 1, WP 0118).
Wrap air intake restriction indicator in barrier material.
Loosen hose clamp at turbo air inlet and pull off air inlet hose (Volume 1, WP 0121).
Spray inside of air inlet hose and turbocharger inlet impeller with Lube Oil, MIL-L-46002/0.
Attach air inlet hose and tighten clamp (Volume 1, WP 0121).
Prepare exhaust system:
Remove muffler (Volume 1, WP 0134).
Clean and paint any unpainted area on muffler and exhaust pipe (TM 43-0209).
Spray inside of exhaust pipe leading from engine with Lube Oil, MIL-L-46002/0.
Install muffler (Volume 1, WP 0134).
Place barrier material over exhaust exit. Secure with tape.