CORRECTIVE ACTION - Continued
· Acceptable impeller shaft end play is 0.001-0.004 inches (0.03-0.10 mm).
· Acceptable impeller shaft radial play is 0.003-0.006 inches (0.08-0.15 mm).
Measure impeller shaft play.
If impeller is restricted, perform the following:
Install hose on turbocharger and tighten clamp.
Lower operator platform (Volume 2, WP 0235).
If turbocharger impeller is cracked, does not spin freely, or has too much shaft play, replace
If impeller is not damaged or restricted, install inlet hose on turbocharger and tighten
Cold Start Heater Does Not Operate.
· DO NOT perform fuel system checks, inspections or maintenance while
smoking or near fire, flames or sparks. Fuel may ignite, causing injury or death,
or damage to machine.
· Operating personnel must wear fuel-resistant gloves when handling fuels. If
exposed to fuel, properly wash exposed skin and change fuel-soaked clothing.
· Fuel and oil are very slippery. Immediately wipe up any spills. Failure to follow
this warning may cause injury.
Cold start heater is used only when ambient temperatures are below 32°F (0°C). If
cold start heater was not operated when malfunction was noted, notify supervisor.
Turn battery disconnect switch to ON position (TM 5-3895-379-10).
Turn engine start switch and starting aid switch to ON position (TM 5-3895-379-10) for not more
than 20 seconds.
Turn engine start switch and starting aid switch to OFF position (TM 5-3895-379-10).
Check cold start heater and area of intake manifold around cold start heater for warmth.