DETROIT DIESEL 53
12. Install the engine front support, if used.
14. Install the oil pump inlet pipe and screen on In-line engine (Section 4.1).
15. Affix a new gasket to the oil pan flange and install the oil pan.
16. Use a chain hoist and sling attached to the lifting bracket at each end of the engine and remove the engine from the
17. Install all of the accessories that were removed.
18. After the engine has been completely reassembled, refer to the Lubricating Oil Specifications in Section 13.3 and
refill the crankcase to the proper level on the dipstick.
19. Close all of the drains and fill the cooling system.
20. After replacing the main or connecting rod bearings or installing a new or reground crankshaft, operate the engine as