(4) Spanning platforms (fig. 9). Use spanning platforms between flatcars (1) to move the road roller along the
length of the train.
(a) Spanner boards (fig. 9). Use six 3-in.x 15-in. x 48-in. boards for the construction of spanning
platforms. Bevel both ends of each board. Nail the spanner boards (2) to cleats (3).
(b) Spanner cleats (fig. 9). Use two 2-in. x 6-in.x 30-in. boards for the construction of the spanner
cleats (3). Nail cleats to the spanner boards (2) approximately 15 inches apart.
2 Spanner board
3 Spanner cleats
Figure 9. Construction of spanning platform.
(5) Unloading. Assemble the removed parts (c above), start the engine (par. 28), and drive the road roller
down the platform to the desired location.
(1) Doors. Remove the protective tape and cardboard from the compression roll door (10, fig. 1) and side
(2) Instrument panel. Remove protective tape from the instrument panel door. Open the door and remove the
protective tape and plywood board from the instrument panel glass cover.
(3) Operator's seat. Remove the waterproof paper and protective tape from the operator's seat (8, fig. 1)
cushion and backrest. Remove the protective tape from the operator's seat posts (5).
(4) Control levers. Remove the waterproof paper and protective tape from forward and reverse clutch levers (4,
fig. 1), steering lever (7), and from all control lever mounting holes.
(5) Carburetor. Remove the waterproof paper and protective tape from the carburetor (17, fig. 3) and fuel filter