Table 1-1. Unit Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services CONT.
Item to be
Not Fully Mission
· Do not drain hydraulic oil while oil is
hot. Severe injury to personnel may
· Prolonged contact with lubricating oil,
MIL-PRF-2104 may cause a skin rash.
Skin and clothing that come in contact
with lubricating oil should be thoroughly
washed immediately. Saturated clothing
should be removed immediately. Areas
in which lubricating oil is used should
be well-ventilated to keep fumes to a
· Oil is slippery and can cause falls. To
avoid injury, wipe up all spilled oil with
· Refer to DA Pam 738-750 for sampling
· After expiration of warranty, active and
reserve Army Units and National Guard
activities will send a hydraulic oil
sample to an AOAP laboratory for
analysis once a year.
· Intervals for sampling as well as
draining and refilling lubricants may be
changed by an AOAP laboratory.
· If AOAP laboratory support is not
available, change hydraulic oil and filter
(Clean cap and strainer (Page 1-110)
after 1,000 hours of operation.
Take hydraulic oil sample for AOAP analysis
Faulty oil results
received from AOAP
lab "Do not operate".