2-10. NATO RECEPTACLE REPLACEMENT
This Task Covers:
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's: Automotive
Tags, Identification (MIL-S-29190) 1,000 per carton,
(SC 5180-90-N26), Tool Number W33004,
Wrench, Torque (0-175 lb-ft),
Compound, Sealing, Lubricating, Anaerobic Single
NSN 5120-640-6364, (Included in T13152 and
Component (05972) Loctite 271
(MIL-S-46163) Type 1 Grade, 10cc bottle,
Engine OFF (TM 5-3895-383-10)
Drums and wheels chocked
· Battery acid (Electrolyte) is extremely harmful. Always were safety goggles and rubber
gloves, and do not smoke when performing maintenance on batteries. injury will result if
acid contacts skin or eyes. Wear rubber apron to prevent clothing being damaged.
· Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry contacts battery
terminal, a direct short may result in instant heating of tools, damage to equipment, and
injury or death to personnel.
· Turn battery disconnect switch off prior to performing maintenance in immediate battery
area or working on electrical system. Such disconnections prevent electrical shock to
personnel or equipment.
· Always disconnect the negative (-) battery cable before servicing the battery or positive
(+) battery cable. Failure to do so can result in damage to electrical system.
· Do not allow battery cable ends to contact each other or the machine. Allowing cable
ends to contact each other or machine can result in damage to battery or electrical