3-4. OPERATE ENGINE (CONT)
Start Engine (Above 32°F [0°C]). See page
3-17 for instructions for starting engine in temperatures
below 32°F (0°C).
(1) Push down parking brake knob (1) to ensure
parking brake is engaged.
Engine will not start unless propel control
lever is in center position.
(2) Move propel control lever (2) to the center
position to ensure that propulsion system is not
in forward or reverse.
(3) Rock vibratory control switch (3) to the off
(4) Rock throttle control switch (4) to the low
Do not crank the engine for more than 30
seconds. Engine start switch needs to be
returned to the OFF position before attempting
to crank engine again. Allow the starter to cool
for 2 minutes before cranking again.
Keep engine speed low until engine oil pressure indicator light and horn go off. Stop engine if
indicator light does not go off within 10 seconds. Notify Unit Level Maintenance to perform
troubleshooting before restarting engine.
Failure to keep engine speed low until engine oil pressure indicator light and horn go off can result in
(5) Turn the engine start switch lever (5) to start (full forward) position to crank the engine. Release the
lever when the engine starts.