1-5 (1-6 blank)
1-6. LOCATION AND DESCRIPTION OF MILITARY-SPECIFIC COMPONENTS
(1) DECONTAMINATION KIT BRACKET. The decontamination kit bracket holds the NBC
(2) ETHER START SYSTEM. The ether start system provides for the introduction of ether into the engine
intake system to aid in starting the engine in temperatures below 32°F (0°C).
(3) BACK UP ALARM CUT-OFF SWITCH. The back-up alarm cut-off switch allows the operator to
disengage the back up alarm during periods of required low noise levels.
(4) NATO CONNECTOR. The NATO connector is a standard receptacle with which one vehicle can be
jump-started with another in the event of battery failure.
(5) UNIVERSAL BUMPER. The universal bumper provides the ability to scrape excess material from either
the smooth drum or the installed pad-foot shell. When the pad-foot shell is installed, the smooth drum scraper
plates are stowed on the front of the bumper.
(6) HYDRAULIC OIL SAMPLING VALVE. The hydraulic oil sampling valve provides an easy means to
collect a sample of hydraulic oil for Army Oil Analysis Plan (AOAP) analysis.
(7) KEYLESS START SYSTEM. The military Roller requires no key to start the engine or engage the
electrical system. Keyless switches are used for the engine start switch and the battery disconnect switch.
(8) STOWAGE BOX. The stowage box holds the tools needed for the operator to do all authorized
(9) RIFLE MOUNTING BRACKET. The rifle mounting bracket holds the operators weapon.
(10) MANUAL BRAKE RELEASE PUMP. The manual brake release pump and valve provide a means to
release the parking brake while the engine is not running. The Roller has a hydrostatic transmission system
which activates the brakes in the absence of positive hydraulic pressure. The pump provides pressure directly to
the brakes for temporary release.
(11) ENGINE OIL SAMPLING VALVE. The engine oil sampling valve provides an easy means to collect a
sample of engine oil for Army Oil Analysis Plan (AOAP) analysis.