Engine Oil Level - Check
2. Remove the dipstick (1). Wipe the dipstick with a
clean cloth. Insert the dipstick. Remove the dipstick
and note the oil level. Insert the dipstick.
NOTE: Refer to page 2-5 for the correct amount of oil
that is used when the oil is changed. The
correct amount of oil determines the correct
level of the oil in the FULL range on the
Do not overfill the crankcase. The oil level must not
reach the top of the FULL range mark or above the
FULL range mark.
3. Maintain the oil level on the dipstick between the
FULL RANGE mark and the ADD OIL mark. Add oil
if the oil level is too low.
NOTE: Operating your engine with the oil level above
the FULL mark in the FULL range could cause
the crankshaft to dip into the oil. This could
result in excessively high operating
temperatures. The high operating
temperatures could result in reduced
lubricating characteristics of the oil. This could
cause damage to the bearings and loss of
Add the Engine Oil
1. Open the engine compartment.
2. Remove the oil filler plug (2).
3. Add the oil.
4. Clean the oil filler plug. Install the oil filler plug.
5. Close the engine compartment.