Engine Oil Level - Check
3. Attach the tow line to the tow vehicle.
4. Remove the blocks from the drum and the tires.
5. Slowly tow the disabled machine.
6. After you tow the disabled machine, turn the screws
(1) outward to the prior position. Tighten the jam
7. Remove all tooling that was used to release the
parking brake. Install the brake line.
8. Connect the steering cylinders to the yoke.
Parking Brake Manual Release
SMCS Code: 4267; 7000
Personal Injury or death can result from a brake
malfunction. Do not operate the machine if the
brake was applied due to a malfunction of the
Correct any problem before attempting to operate
NOTE: The parking brake is located on the gear
reducer for the drum.
1. In order to prevent the machine from moving, block
the drum and block the tires securely.
2. In order to hold the front frame and the rear frame
rigid, install the steering frame lock pin.
3. The brakes can be released with the manual
parking brake pump. See page E-6 for instructions.
Engine Oil Level Check
SMCS Code: 1348-535-FLV
Do not under fill or overfill engine crankcase with
oil. Either condition can cause engine damage.
Stop the engine in order to check the oil level. DO NOT
check the oil level when the engine is running.
Park the machine on a level surface.
1. Open the engine compartment access door.