1. Block the drum and block the tires securely in order
to prevent the movement of the machine. Do not
remove the blocking until the tow vehicle has been
positioned and the tow lines are in place.
2. There are two side panels, one on the right side of
the cab and one on the left side of the cab. Remove
the side panels in order to gain access to the valves
on the propel pump.
3. There are two valves on each propel pump.
NOTE: Do not tighten the adjusting screw. Tightening
the adjusting screw will damage the spring that
is inside of the valve.
4. Loosen the jam nuts (2) by two turns. Screw the
adjusting screw inward until the jam nut contacts
the valve. Count the number of turns as you turn
the screw inward. Make a note of the number of
5. Manually release the parking brake. Refer to the
Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Parking
Brake Manual Release" for more information.
Release the parking brake to prevent excessive
wear and damage to the braking system when
The procedure for manual release of the parking
brake is outlined in the Operation and Maintenance
Manual, "Parking Brake Manual Release".
1. Disconnect the cylinders for steering from the yoke.
Secure the cylinders to the main frame of the
2. Attach the tow lines to the disabled machine.