Stopping the Engine if an
Electrical Malfunction Occurs
SMCS Code: 1000; 7000
Turn the engine start switch to the OFF position. If the
engine does not stop, perform the following procedure.
1. To gain access to the engine compartment, use
switch (1) to lift the hood (2).
If switch (1) does not lift the hood, refer to the
Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Tilt Hood".
2. In order to stop the engine, push the end of the fuel
control solenoid inward.
NOTE: Do not operate the machine until the cause of
the problem is corrected.
Leaving the Machine
SMCS Code: 7000
1. Use the steps and the handholds in order to
dismount the machine. Face the machine in order
to dismount the machine.
2. Inspect the engine compartment for debris. Clean
any debris from the engine compartment in order to
avoid a fire. Clean any paper from the engine
compartment in order to avoid a fire.
3. If the machine is being parked for an extended
period of time, turn the disconnect switch for the
battery to the OFF position.
4. Close all access covers and doors. Install
vandalism protection locks.