TROUBLESHOOTING PROCEDURES - CONTINUED
Table 1. Engine Troubleshooting Procedures - Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
15. Engine Operating Temperature is Too
High (Warning Light and Warning
Class I leakage at water pump bleed holes is normal. Any Class II or
Horn On) - Continued.
Class III leakage represents a problem with water pump.
6. Check water pump for signs of 1. If engine oil or coolant is leaking
leakage (discoloration, corrosion,
from either failure bleed hole or
wetness). There are two failure
water pump shows signs of
bleed holes located on engine side
leakage, water pump has failed.
of water pump. Check failure
bleed holes for Class II and Class
00). Change engine oil and filter
III leakage of engine oil or
2. If engine oil or coolant is not
leaking from either failure bleed
hole and engine oil or coolant is
not leaking from either hole or
water pump, go to Step 7.
7. Test thermostat (WP 0053 00 or 1. If thermostat is bad, replace
2. If thermostat is OK, fault not
corrected. Go to Step 8.