· It is not necessary to remove the oil supply tube in order to remove rocker shaft assembly.
· Begin removal of rocker arm assembly starting at the end brackets and moving toward
· If pushrods are removed, tag and mark for installation.
Remove three nuts (Figure 1, Item 1) and bolts (Figure 1, Item 4) from rocker shaft assembly
(Figure 1, Item 2).
Remove rocker arm assembly (Figure 1, Item 2).
If required, remove oil seal (Figure 1, Item 3) from oil supply passage in cylinder head (Figure 1, Item 5). Discard
Figure 1. Rocker Shaft Assembly Removal.
END OF TASK
· Make sure all oil holes in rocker shaft and in rocker levers are not clogged or plugged
prior to assembly procedure.
· When installing, make sure bolt and oil supply connection are correctly positioned on
· Lubricate all components with clean engine oil before and after installation.
If removed, install new oil seal (Figure 2, Item 3) in oil supply passage in cylinder head (Figure 2, Item 5).