Muffler and/or Exhaust System Plugged.
Inspect for restrictions such as bent or torn pipes and blocked muffler.
If muffler and exhaust system are restricted, remove restriction. Replace any damaged parts.
If muffler and exhaust system are not restricted, install muffler and exhaust system
Fuel Lift Pump Pressure Low.
· There is no clearance for personnel between frame and yoke when roller turns.
Injury or death from crushing could occur.
· Steering frame must be locked before lifting, transporting or servicing roller in
articulation area with engine running. Failure to follow this warning may cause
injury or death from crushing.
· Unlock steering frame before operation to prevent loss of steering. Failure to
follow this warning may cause injury or death.
· When working on a running engine, provide shielding for exposed rotating
parts. Tools, clothing, or hands can get caught and cause injury.
Remove fuel line from output port of fuel limp pump (WP 0116).
Attach a pressure gauge to output port of fuel lift pump.
Lock steering frame (TM 5-3895-379-10).
Turn battery disconnect switch to ON position (TM 5-3895-379-10).
Have an assistant crank engine for 10 seconds.
· Normal pressure is 6-10 psi (40-70 kPa).
· Minimum pressure is 4.5 psi (30 kPa).
Observe pressure gauge.
Note highest indication on pressure gauge.
Turn engine start switch to OFF position (TM 5-3895-379-10).