ENGINE CRANKS BUT WILL NOT START OR IS HARD TO START
Fuel Shutoff Valves In Closed Position.
· Use caution when working under operator platform assembly. Falling platform
may cause injury or death.
· There is no clearance for personnel between frame and yoke when roller turns.
Injury or death from crushing could occur.
· Steering frame must be locked before lifting, transporting or servicing roller in
articulation area with engine running. Failure to follow this warning may cause
injury or death from crushing.
· Unlock steering frame before operation to prevent loss of steering. Failure to
follow this warning may cause injury or death.
· When working on a running engine, provide shielding for exposed rotating
parts. Tools, clothing, or hands can get caught and cause injury.
Fuel shutoff valves may be seen without raising operator platform with use of a
Open right-side door for CB534B Roller and left-side door for CB534C Roller (TM 5-3895-379-10).
Check that fuel shutoff valves are in open position.
If valves are in closed position, perform the following:
Raise operator platform (Volume 2, WP 0235).
Open fuel shutoff valves.
Lower operator platform (Volume 2, WP 0235).
If fuel shutoff valves are in open position, prime fuel system (WP 0128).
If symptom persists, go to next malfunction.