THEORY OF OPERATION
1. This work package explains how components of the Roller, Motorized, Vibrating Tandem Steel Drums work
together. A functional description is given for the engine system, fuel system, electrical system, propel
system, steering system, vibratory system, and water spray system.
2. Theory of operation is the same for the CB534B and CB534C Rollers. CB534B Roller is shown unless
1. The roller is designed to compact asphalt and gravel bases for constructing parking lots, roads, landing
strips, and other asphalt-paved areas.
2. The roller is controlled by a single operator.
3. An on-board water spray system is provided to prevent hot asphalt from sticking to the drum surfaces.
4. The roller operates in vibratory mode, using twin vibrating drums, as the means for compacting surface
5. The roller operates in static-mode in order to smooth surface material.