NOTE. The instrument and control counsel shown in figure 4 is of a SP900 "Asphalt" Roller. The SP848 and SP1300
"Soil" Rollers do not have items 5 and 17. Also for the Soil Rollers, the steering wheel is located In the center of the
counsel. The SP900 has Duel Steering.
1. START BUTTON
10. FUEL GAUGE
2. IGNITION KEY
11. VIBRATION METER GAUGE
3 ENGINE SHUT-DOWN
4. ENGINE THROTTLE
13. VIBRATION CONTROL LEVER
5. SPRINKLER SWITCHES, WATER (SP900)
14. FORWARD-REVERSE TRAVEL LEVER
6. TEMPERATURE GAUGE
15. EMERGENCY OR PARKING BRAKE
8. ENGINE SPEED (RPM)
17. SPRINKLER SWITCH, DIESEL (SP900)
9. OIL PRESSURE GAUGE
18. ACCESS CAP, BRAKE CYL FILL
OPERATION (Fig 4)
NOTE In addition to the Operation Procedure, it is suggested that the "Application and Trouble Shooting Guides" be
reviewed as a "matter of operational procedures.
1. Place the Forward-Reverse Travel Lever (14) in neutral (detent position) and the Vibration Control Lever (13) in
neutral (detent position) Detent is center position.
2. Turn Ignition Key (2) to "on". Press Starter Button
(1) to start and allow engine to warm up (160°-185°F operating temperature at approximately 1000 RPM . Depress
Engine Throttle Button (4) and simultaneously pull handle until 1000 RPM is indicated on Indicator (8). IMPORTANT:
If after two or three attempts to start and engine does not start, refer to Engine Manual under "Engine Starting
Engine and hydraulic oil system must be allowed to warm up before applying load.
3. After warm-up move Engine Throttle (4) up to approximately 2400 RPM. Turning the knob of Throttle(4)