DETROIT DIESEL 53
Fuel, Oil and Coolant Specifications 13.3
1. Always use a properly inhibited coolant.
2. If freeze protection is required, always use ethylene glycol antifreeze.
3. Re-inhibit antifreeze with a non-chromate inhibitor system.
4. Always follow the manufacturer's recommendations on inhibitor usage and handling.
5. Do not use soluble oil.
6. Chromate inhibitors should never be used with permanent antifreeze.
7. Sealer type antifreeze should not be used.
8. Maintain prescribed inhibitor strength