3. Install the lower engine front cover and pump assembly on the engine as outlined in Section 1.3.5.
4. Attach the oil inlet screen to the oil inlet pipe support with two bolts and lock washers (Fig. 9).
6. Place the oil pump inlet pipe and screen assembly in position and fasten the support to the main bearing cap with the
two bolts and lock washers.
7. Slide the inlet pipe flange and seal ring against the engine front cover and secure them with the two bolts and lock
CAUTION: On In-line engines, the oil pump inlet tube and water by-pass tube seals are the same size but of different
material. Be sure that the correct seal is used. A new oil pump inlet tube seal may be identified by its white stripe.
Install the oil pan and refill the crankcase to the proper level.
9. Install the crankshaft pulley, fan pulley, support bracket and any other accessories that were attached to the front
July , 1972
Sec 4.1 Page 5