TIMING FUEL INJECTOR
To time a fuel injector properly, the injector follower must be adjusted to a definite height in relation to the injector body.
All of the injectors can be timed, in firing order sequence, during one full revolution of the crankshaft.
Time Fuel Injector
After the exhaust valve clearance has been adjusted, time the fuel injector as follows:
1. Place the speed control lever in the idle speed position. If a stop lever is provided, secure it in the no-fuel position.
2. Rotate the crankshaft, manually or with the starting motor, until the exhaust valves are fully depressed on the
particular cylinder to be timed.
CAUTION: If a wrench is used on the crankshaft bolt at the front of the engine, do not turn the crankshaft in a left-
hand direction of rotation or the bolt will be loosened.
Fig. 3 - Timing Fuel Injector
3. Place the small end of the injector timing gage (see table for correct timing gage) in the hole provided in the top of
the injector body, with the flat of the gage toward the injector follower as shown in Fig. 3.
4. Loosen the push rod lock nut.
5. Turn the push rod and adjust the injector rocker arm until the extended part of the gage will just pass over the top of
the injector follower.
6. Hold the push rod and tighten the lock nut. Check the adjustment and readjust, if necessary.
7. Time the remaining injectors as outlined above.
8. If no further engine tune-up is required, use a new gasket(s) and install the valve rocker cover(s).