Figure 9. Quick-Start Assembly
Periodically perform the following service items to assure good performance:
1. Remove the fluid cylinder and lubricate the valve around the pusher pin under the gasket with a few drops of oil.
2. Lubricate the actuator cable.
3. Actuate the valve with the cable to distribute the oil on the cable and allow the oil to run down through the valve.
4. Remove any dirt from the orifice by removing the air inlet housing fitting, the orifice block and the screen. Then
blow air through the orifice end only.
5. Assemble and tighten the air inlet housing fitting to the actuator valve and tube.
6. Check for leakage of fluid (fogging) on the outside of the engine air inlet housing by actuating the starting aid while
the engine is stopped. If fogging occurs, disassemble and retighten the air inlet housing fitting to the housing.
CAUTION: Do not actuate the starting aid more than once with the engine stopped. Over-
loading the engine air box with this high volatile fluid could result in a minor explosion.
Check the fluid cylinder for hand tightness.