Trouble Shooting (Engine)
DETROIT DIESEL 53
1. Check the compression pressure and, if only one
5. Replace the blower-to-block gasket.
6. Replace the end plate gasket.
head and replace the head gaskets.
7. Check the exhaust back pressure and repair or
2. Inspect the piston and liner and replace damaged
replace the muffler if an obstruction is found.
8. Check the exhaust back pressure and install larger
3. Install new piston rings.
piping if it is determined that the piping is too small
4. Clean and repair or replace the breather assembly.
too long or has too many bends.
SEC. 15.2 Page 13