DETROIT DIESEL 53
15.2 Trouble Shooting (Engine)
1. Tighten connections or replace defective parts.
core. Then use a good grade of cooling system cleaner
2. Replace defective gaskets or oil seats.
to remove the oil from the cooling system.
7. Replace the oil control rings.
3. Refer to the Excessive Crankcase Pressure chart.
8. Replace the piston pin retainer and defective parts.
4. Refer to the Abnormal Engine Operation chart.
9. Remove and replace the defective parts.
5. Remove the air inlet housing and inspect the blower
10. Check the crankshaft thrust washers for wear.
end plates while the engine is operating. If oil is seen
Replace worn and defective parts.
on the end plate radiating away from the oil seal,
overhaul the blower.
11. Decrease the installation angle.
12. Fill the crankcase to the proper level only.
6. Inspect the engine coolant for lubricating oil