DETROIT DIESEL 53
Fuel Injector 2.1.1
Fig. 22 - Setting Calibrator Stroke Counter
3. Start the comparator by turning on the switch
4. After the comparator has started. push the injector
rack in to the full-fuel position.
5. Let the injector run for approximately 30 seconds to
purge the air that may be in the system.
Fig. 21 - Injector in Calibrator J 22410
6. After 30 seconds. press the fuel flow start button.
This will start the How of fuel into the vial. The
COMPARATOR J 7041
To check the fuel output, operate the injector in the
comparator (Fig. 17) as follows:
1. Place the injector in the comparator and tighten the
hand wheel to clamp the injector and adaptor in
IMPORTANT: Make sure the counter on the
reason, this setting has been altered, raise the
cover and reset the counter to 100 strokes by
pulling the selector wheel to be changed to the
right and rotating it to its proper setting
(Fig. 18). Then release the wheel and close the
c o v e r . Refer to the comparator instruction
booklet for further information.
NOTE: When installing a low clamp body
injector in the comparator, position the injector
in the adaptor at approximately a 45 angle,
rather than straight into the adaptor, then bring
it into a vertical position and secure it in place.
Fig. 23 - Removing or Installing Filter Cap
2. Pull the injector rack out to the no-fuel position