DETROIT DIESEL 53
Fig. 6 Position of Spray Nozzle Holes
Fig. 4 - Removing or Installing Bushings
Replace Spray Nozzle
1. Clamp the upper end of the connecting rod in
The connecting rod bushings must be removed before
holder J 7632 (Fig. 4) so that the bore in the bushings
the spray nozzle can be replaced. The orifice in the
is aligned with the hole in the base of the holder.
lower end of the drilled passage in the connecting rod
is not serviced and it is not necessary to remove it
when replacing the spray nozzle.
2. Place the bushing remover J 4972-4 in the
connecting rod bushing, insert handle J 1513-2 in the
Replace the spray nozzle as follows:
remover and drive the bushings from the rod.
1. Remove the connecting rod bushings (note Caution).
2. Insert spray nozzle remover J 8995 through the
upper end of the connecting rod and insert the pin, in
the curved side of the tool, in the opening in the
bottom of the spray nozzle.
3. Support the connecting rod and tool in an arbor
press as shown in Fig. 5.
Fig. 7 - Location of
Fig. 5 - Removing Spray Nozzle
SEC. 1.6.1 Page 3