DETROIT DIESEL 53
bracket at each end of the engine and remove the
engine from the overhaul stand.
17. Install all of the accessories that were removed.
12. Install the engine front support, if used.
18. After the engine has been completely reassembled,
13. Install the crankshaft pulley (Section 1.3.7).
refer to the Lubricating Oil Specifications in
14. Install the oil pump inlet pipe and screen on In-
Section 13.3 and refill the crankcase to the proper
level on the dipstick.
19. Close all of the drains and fill the cooling system.
20. After replacing the main or connecting rod
15. Affix a new gasket to the oil pan flange and install
bearings or installing a new or reground crankshaft,
the oil pan.
operate the engine as outlined in the run-in schedule
16. Use a chain hoist and sling attached to the lifting