VARIABLE SPEED MECHANICAL GOVERNOR (OPEN LINKAGE) AND
INJECTOR RACK CONTROL ADJUSTMENT
3. Back out the booster spring eye bolt until it is flush
After adjusting the exhaust valves and timing the fuel
with the outer lock nut.
injectors, adjust the governor (Fig. 1) and the injector
Adjust Variable Speed Spring Tension
1. Adjust the variable speed spring eye bolt until
Preliminary Governor Adjustments
1/8" of the threads project from the outer lock nut
1. Clean the governor linkage and lubricate the ball
joints and bearing surfaces with clean engine oil.
2. Tighten both lock nuts to retain the adjustment.
2. Back out the buffer screw until it projects
NOTE: This setting of the eye bolt will produce
9/16" from the boss on the control housing.
approximately 7% droop in engine speed from
no-load to full-load.
Position Injector Rock Control Levers
The position of the injector control racks must be
correctly set in relation to the governor. Their position
Fig. 1 - Variable Speed Open Linkage Governor
Fig. 2 - Adjusting Governor Spring Eye Bolt
Mounted on Engine